In-vitro Fertilisation (IVF)
Acupuncture is also the most commonly used adjunctive therapy to in-vitro fertilisation (IVF). Over the past 15 years, an increasing number of scientific studies have shown the specific effects on a number of factors which are crucial to the success of IVF and the continuation of a healthy pregnancy.
These effects include:
- Increasing the thickness of the uterine lining
- Increase of blood flow to the pelvic organs
- Reduction of oxidative stress which may influence egg and sperm quality
- Increasing ovarian response to ovarian stimulation
- Reducing uterine contraction
- Balancing the immune system (e.g. cytokines) thus creating a more favourable implantation environment
- Reducing serum adrenaline (cortisol) and anxiety levels (crucial for fertility)
- Improving sleep which reduces inflammatory processes
Going through IVF treatments myself I can very well relate to the high-stress levels couples experience when trying for a baby. I, therefore, offer 7 days a week pre-and-post IVF treatment, regardless of day and time, and whether I have to work around blastocyte transfer. My main aim is to offer continuous care based on trust and mutual understanding. I want my clients to feel reassured that I will be at their side throughout their entire IVF treatment in order to enhance their chances of conceiving in the most natural and relaxed way possible.